We Asked, They Answered–5 Gifts Men Really Want for Holidays
Holidays are here, and that means one thing – shopping. Whether you have already started planning your gift list, or you are a last-minute shopper, we can all agree that there is one aspect of holiday shopping that tends to be quite challenging – men’s shopping. The mantra “men are simple” doesn’t really fly when it comes to Christmas gifts for men, or any holiday gifts for that matter. There are countless blogs and guides on gift ideas for men, from luxury items, unique personalized gifts, to DIY gifts for those men who ‘have it all’. Well, we could’ve made a killer gift guide too, outlining some of the most luxury gifts like that Jacquard silk robe that Harper’s Bazaar keeps talking about, personal and fun gifts like a beer subscription at the Original Craft Beer Club.
Instead, the Misahara team went and talked to real men from different backgrounds and age groups, and asked them what they really wanted – and here’s what they said!
Oh, but before that, being ‘know-it-all’ women like we typically are, or simply for the fun of it, we first assumed what holiday gifts they would want based on their interests, before asking them. Read on to see if our results match and if we actually know what men want!
What to buy for an adventurous man?
Rudy, 42 – Produce Manager and Theme Park Enthusiast
Rudy is a fun and adventurous guy who has his own YouTube channel where he shares his latest visits and adventurous visiting some of the most interesting theme parks across the United States. He is funny and outgoing and is especially fond of his Maltipoo dog Enzo.
What we think Rudy wants:
1. Dorney Park Platinum Pass
2. New Era MLB San Francisco Giants Black White 59Fifty Fitted Cap Limited Edition
3. The Great Yukon Sweater for Pups + People
4. I Love Roller Coasters - Cute Theme Park Vacation Pullover Hoodie
5. Maltese Dad Ceramic Mug
What Rudy really wants:
1. 49ers Hat
2. Perfect Curve Cap Rack
3. Beard King Beard Bib Apron
4. Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
5. Starbucks Gift Card
Cool and practical gifts for a man that appreciates experiences
Tristan, 27 – Sales Manager and Music Producer
Tristan is a cool French-Danish living in Barcelona, Spain. He is a big-time foodie, enjoys a good glass of wine (hmm, French much) and loves traveling around Europe with his girlfriend.
What we think Tristan wants:
1. Ultra Music Festival Tickets 2022
2. Chateau La Fleur-Petrus 2017
3. Gourmet Cheese Gift Box
4. Luxury Spa Daily Pass
5. Pioneer DJ Controller
What Tristan really wants:
1. Electric Bass Guitar
2. Corduroy Shirt
3. K-Way Bonded Jacket
4. Dr. Martens Ziggy Leather Shoes
5. Noise Cancelling Headphones
Unique gifts for a man that has everything
Nisa, 51 – Director of Soccer Coaching
Nisa is a former professional soccer player, who is big on wellness & healthy lifestyle. He is very fashion forward and doesn’t mind breaking a buck or two for his favorite brands.
What we think Nisa wants:
1. Golden Goose Sky-Star Sneakers
2. Lululemon Gift Card
3. Quotes Every Man Should Know
5. HelloFresh Meal Plan Subscription
What Nisa really wants:
1. Los Angeles Lakers at Golden State Warriors Tickets
2. Misahara Rolling Onyx Cufflinks
3. Lady Gaga Concert
4. Tibetan Gold-Plated Thin Red String Bracelet
5. Santa Cruz Bicycle
Perfect gifts for a guy with an expensive taste
Nicolas, 23 – UCLA Student Athlete
Nicolas is a professional Water polo player who is keen on cool & useful gadgets and is keeping up with the latest fashion trends. He is a frequent traveller, so he spends a lot of money on travel items.
What we think Nicolas wants:
1. Andar Ranger Wallet
2. Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream for Men
3. Sunday Performance Jogger Sweatpants
4. Sonos Beam (Gen 2) Speaker
5. RapidX X5 Car Charger with 5 USB Ports
What Nicolas really wants:
1. Oral-B Genius X Limited
2. Philips Norelco Multigroomer All-in-One Trimmer Series
3. JBL Boombox 2 - Portable Bluetooth Speaker
4. Ooni UU-P06A00 Koda 12 Oven
5. Ledger Nano S - Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet
Well, as you can tell – it turns out we don’t know them all that very well! They are more complex than we like to think and this is reflected when buying gifts for men. We hope you found some useful gift ideas for the man in your life and above all, that we all learned a valuable lesson and that is never to assume we know what they want, because just as they don’t know what women want – surprise, surprise – we don’t either! Happy men gift shopping!